UX Process Overview and why it is important?
What is User Experience (UX)?
The full form of UX is user experience. We can term user experience as the most general practice through which you create the most satisfying website or app experience for all your users in terms of products along with designs. There are going to be a number of practitioners. There is no standard definition for UX. Many companies have their own varying definitions as well as thought process with regards to UX design process. The more standard one would be that of ISO 9241–210.
This definition states user experience as any person’s perceptions along with responses that come across from the way we use the product or anticipate to use the product, service or system. At the top of this is the thought that user experience would include all the emotions, preferences, beliefs, perceptions, psychological and physical responses along with the accomplishments and behaviors which might occur before, after or after the product usage.
The latest report by the UX Industry Report, Loop11 has shown that
- Over 56% of respondents have faith in the basic definition of UX. 14% of the users just refer to it as just a user experience. Another 14% would say that it would involve the identification of every touchpoint belonging to a user with his business. 16% of the users term it as a methodology we aim to meet a specific user’s requirements. 12% of the users say that the UX design process is the brightest experience with digital interfaces.
- There has been a growing number of 21% people who refer to UX as the way we understand the human “emotions” which some users might experience beforehand. We can see that this emotion is going to be quite good or bad. This could also occur along with the business interactions with Design Research.
- Another 18% of the audience says that the focus of UX should be on catering to the demands of the users’ requirements. This should also involve delighting them with a suitable UX research method.
How is User Experience (UX) evolving in the Industry?
A UX research professional is still quite new. This could eventually be one of the newest professions in terms of artificial intelligence. The majority of the people outside the tech domain would not know if you can term yourself as a UX researcher.
It depends on the business strategy as well as the budget on how many companies can choose if they need any in-house UX research team or if they have to outsource their requirements to any external UX consultants with UX Research and Design Research.
Building an in-house UX research team vs outsourcing
It would not be a cheap affair when you want to build your team right from the scratch. You might find it extremely harder when you want to convince your management on budget allocation to build a new product.
It is vital to building a proposal with:
- Mission objective and statement
- Expected outcome
- UX deliverable and processes
- Planning your resources with regards to headcount
- Understanding the responsibilities and roles
- Financial forecasting and budgeting
On an overall process, it might seem extremely time-consuming as well as straightforward.
Why is User Experience design (UX experience design) important?
The taste and thought process of every global user is changing at a faster cycle. It is not like the earlier generations where we have defined information to deliver the process. It all started with the boom of the internet. With the internet economy, the world has changed fastly with regards to ux experience design. With the rate at which the E-commerce industry is growing, you can face extremely intense competition. Even when the UX is changed slightly, it can go on to create a huge uproar in the market. It can range from your electrical appliances to Automated Teller Machines (ATMs). It would have a lot of benefits:
- Increase in your customer satisfaction
At the end, for any business, their customer is the king. Only a happy customer can lead to happy businesses. With UX Research, you can achieve that easily with the UX research method.
- Understand your audiences.
A product that sells well in India might sell dull in China. Hence it is vital that you understand the level of your audience.
- Good UX equals good business.
UX investment might seem unnecessary for startups but there are companies like Amazon and Facebook who are spending millions of dollars on UX research. It is time to implement it.
If you feel that all these steps are quite onerous, then outsourcing your UX research and UX design services requirement with UX Design company might be of the best use. It is time for you to consult the best UX research company. These folks will be in a position to perform any kind of initial assessment for all your services and products. This can go on adopting a few UX tools when you wish to achieve the final goal. Pattem Digital can help you with all the requirements regarding UX Research. Contact us if you need any support with ux design services.